1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Beta trial

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TheoGriff, Sep 11, 2015.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

But your avatar is a Green Martian, @Spiritwalkerness . . .

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

You need to refresh your screen to see Spirit's koala.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I congratulate and salute you Theo.
    I'm now timetabled an hour of 'Games' each week with a combined YrR/1 and 2 class. I went home absolutely exhausted on Tues. (It's many moons since I've done EYFS! Must search for all those old .Action rhymes i used to use on supply.)
    Love your new Avatar and name (presumably of a grandchild?)

4. Lara mfl 05

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thanks for the tag, it worked, @Lara mfl 05 !

Not only has my screen been refreshed, @marlin (I am now getting the hang of these tags), I have done a complete re-boot.

He's still a green Martian. Or possibly she is.

:(

Hmn. Fewer smileys than before to choose from. Where is the Thumbs up/thumbs down @TES_Rosaline @TES_Pippa ?

6. Lara mfl 05

Rosaline Pippa
    I mentioned this on another thread, which I found a minute ago to try to link to, but now don't seem to be able to do that' clever link' which includes an arrow.:( It's post 130 on the Beta stite feedback.

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter

The little arrow appears when you quote from a post.

8. Lara mfl 05

Not quite got the hang of that one yet. Can only manage the automatic one which comes up when one replies.
    I did try the 'multi-quote yesterday. Dismal failure! :eek: I's somewhat 'slow on the uptake' sometimes with new things! :oops:

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@Lara mfl 05
    Select text from a post and then +quote
    Select text from another post and again +quote
    Once finished go to your reply box and click insert quotes. Select all or choose which you want to use. Multiple quotes should then appear.

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@Lara mfl 05

upload_2015-9-12_22-8-3.png

upload_2015-9-12_22-8-52.png

upload_2015-9-12_22-9-38.png
    (The highlighting doesn't show up when I try to snip a picture of the screen)

upload_2015-9-12_22-11-47.png
    upload_2015-9-12_22-12-24.png