1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Beta trial

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TheoGriff, Sep 11, 2015.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I see that some people are New, others are Occasional. So how many posts do you have to make to move from one category to t'other?

Currently I have 35 trophy points (how?) and 27,500 approx messages - must mean posts. And I am a new contributor.

So here is another post/message.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And another.

Ah. You cannot post fast and fast - must wait it says. So I am waiting

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Still New . . . Now I wait a bit

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And another post. Still new though

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And another post. Still new though Am easting two spoonfuls of cereal between each post

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

At this rate I shall be late for school before I stop being new . . .

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Starting the day with Year 5, then Year 2. Love'em!

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Here in Spain you get lods of hugs from pupils. Even 11 year old boys.

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

So this is my last go as my cereal is now finished and I need to get ready for school

Am I still New?

10. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Well I was new last night, but now I'm occasional.

11. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I too am now occasional - like the table? But I see Theo has been making changes: new signature, a title bar under her name AND a new avatar. Did you make the changes 'on the other side' and they then just magically transferred over? :confused:

12. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hi @Spiritwalkerness Playtime now (I am currently in 3-year-old infants class, phew!)

New signature - I did this here this morning (or last night, cannot remember). I clicked on the circle with my picture at the top and got a box with items, and investigated. Signature was one of them

New avatar - about a month ago on TES someone told me that avatars couldn't be changed. So I tried, with this one of Theo as baby, and Lo and behold, it stayed the same picture of Theo as granny. But when I signed n here, up popped this avatar, which, as I quickly checked, is not coming up in the Old Place.

Title bar - that has been put on by TES to *cough* acknowledge my role on here

I wonder if new > occasional involves how many days you've been posting? I didn't post yesterday afternoon, too tired after taking 25 3 year olds to the loo . . .

13. Spiritwalkerness

Thank you for trying to help but I hunted high and low last night and again today - nada.

14. Spiritwalkerness

The only mention of signature I could find was in 'preferences' and that was just a check box to allow me to see other people's signatures.

15. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

I think the mods have said they are going to pick people at random to try additional features. I got a PM to say I could play with a signature - and this has appeared as an option in the profile box.

TheoGriff likes this.
  16. Spiritwalkerness

AHHHhhh. I'd love to test out the 'become erudite and articulate' feature, please. :p

17. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, sorry to have misled you @Spiritwalkerness , I didn't realise that the signature was part of that being picked on . . .

But I deserve something as a reward for surviving today with 25 3 year olds!

Lara mfl 05, Rott Weiler and GLsghost like this.
  18. Spiritwalkerness

I'll cope *sniff* It'll give me longer to think of what to have

19. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline @TES_Pippa can you please choose @Spiritwalkerness 'at random' to trial something at random! :D Let 'em have a signature to play with...go on...you know you can if you want to! :D

Rott Weiler likes this.
  20. Spiritwalkerness

I NO LONGER NEED ANYTHING! I HAVE MY AVATAR!!!!!!

Who needs a sig huh @GLsghost :p:p:p:p:p