1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best year end gifts

Discussion in 'Personal' started by florapost, Jul 21, 2012.

1. ok - i'm showing off - i got a jar of home-made strawberry jam made with home-grown strawberries
    what was you favorite?

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

Well, I got one, which I suppose automatically makes it the best.
    A can of air freshener.

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Didn't get anything, as is the norm here.
    I didn't even get a wish of a happy holiday!

4. Not so much an end of year gift, rather more close to a once a month gift, but one of my former pupils used to regularly bring in homemade cake. Mum did make some of them, but she usually did them herself, and they were always delicious.
    When she left school, she gave me a beautiful bunch of flowers and a cake with extra butter icing as I'd told her the icing was always my favourite bit of the cake!!
    I got a nice surprise earlier this year when she came back to pay me a visit, which was lovely in itself, but she brought some cake with her which really brightened up an otherwise rubbish day!

5. aaaah!!!!

6. Bottle of Baileys .....mmmmmm!
    (But my sons DH whos, leaving that school, got an IPAD & a Pandora bracelet....not from me hasten to add!

& it's a state primary school...not fee paying!)

7. kittylion

kittylion Senior commenter

No presents I'm afraid (I buy chocolate for them, but they don't usually buy anything unless the teacher is leaving perhaps) - but the best present is the feeling I have when I drive through the gate!

8. My lovely parents got together and got me:
    £90 in Debenhams vouchers, £20 gardening vouchers, 3 bottles of wine, lots of chocolate and a bonsai tree. Not a private school but state primary... But as I always tell the children .... my best present was having them in my class for the year. And I mean it!

9. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

A pair of shoes :)

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Hugs from many of my 6th formers who were leaving.

11. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Do you think they were trying to tell you something? [​IMG]

12. bedingfield

bedingfield New commenter

A wonderful poem thanking me for teaching the child for the last 2 years. It was worth more than any of the other presents I got because it was so personal and heartfelt.
    I shed a few tears at that one.

13. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Loveliest present from primary pupils: Splendidly messy home-made thank you cards.
    Most expensive: a Cross fountain pen costing £110 !

14. [​IMG]
    From an inner city primary school;
    2 bottles of perfume
    LOADS of chocolate
    Jewellery
    A BUBBLE MACHINE (SO excited about this one!)
    From my TA; a glittery pink snow globe with our picture in saying "I passed my NQT year" - very sweet [​IMG]

15. I got some choccies this year and a beautiful hand made top!
    My daughter bought her teacher Bad Teacher on DVD (this is her ( year old sense of irony) and a silk tie - I managed to convince her to avoid the grey ones in tesco! lol

16. Totally shocked when I received the gifts I did from my year 6 class: the parents had clubbed together to buy me an activity day (racing sports cars for the day) plus a voucher to buy my club shirt for this coming season. The best of all were the superb cards with wonderful thanks and wishes for the year we've had.
    I really didn't expect all that or see it coming. Shocked!

17. I know what you mean. I had 2 lovely Nursery classes, I really enjoyed teaching the lovely children and will miss them.
    Some of the parents clubbed together and got me a crystal bowl, a silver photo frame and a mug with my initial on. Other things I got were a large fruit bowl, bottle of wine, 3 boxes of choccies, box of toffees, a bracelet and necklace set which were really fantastic. But the icing on the cake was they got a hall and gave me and my Nursery Nurse a farewell picnic lunch/party! with lots of good wishes I felt so loved!

18. I also got a can of air wick air freshener which had special offer written on it- £1!
    I was chuffed to bits, as at least it was something I could use!

19. How lovely, I got something similar from years 3/4. I have just finished my teacher training and it was my last day. I got presented with a cardboard tree, all the leaves were from the children and staff with self portraits and personal messages to me. I managed to hold back the tears until the last child left the classroom.

20. Wow. I thought I was the only one. I also received a can of air freshener!