1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best use of Saturday REvision session? Radical ideas welcome!

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Angek, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hello all,

I am considering offering a Saturday REvision session (my day off!) after the holiday for Year 10 as they are assessed in May and we will really struggle to finish the course as we have all manner of Work Exp and time eating things. I am just fishing for ideas - imagine I was allowed (!) to start off with, then that I coulg get the hall etc...they need to focus on learning evidence/teachings, keywords and realising what learning to include in where the question wording is a little odd. Mixed ability ranging grade D - A*, mostly A*/A/B grades.

I am looking for some fresh inspiration and would welcome your thoughts as it would really need to add value to make it worth while - for them and me!! Have you done anything similar?

Thanks in advance
    A x

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

I have a lot of keywords on card, with other cards which have their definitions or explanations on. In a hall you spread the key-word cards around the hall, face up and easy to see but all around the edges - then divide the class into teams with 4 -6 in each team. Divide up all the matching definition-cards and hand out one each. The teams look at all the cards that their team has and discuss what key words they may be looking for. on the word 'go' they have to take a card and search for their partner-cards. The first team to match all their cards wins. Those members are then allocated to other teams until all cards have been collected. Then we all sit round and discuss which were hard to match/remember and why. It only takes ten or fifteen minutes and is a great 'break activity' if they have been working on written exercises.

I would be happy to come over and lead this - or support you in other ways - still expenses only at the moment.