1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BEST TRIPS / VISITORS FROM THE PAST 5 YEARS? (PRIMARY)

Discussion in 'School trips' started by garth1978, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Hi All,
    I am already thinking about trips and visitors for next school year. Which have been most memorable for you? Which curriculum area was being covered? What part of the country was it? Any weblinks? I am sure that many others out there would appreciate a bank of tried and tested trips / visitors to work from. Thanks in advance!

2. Hi All,
    I am already thinking about trips and visitors for next school year. Which have been most memorable for you? Which curriculum area was being covered? What part of the country was it? Any weblinks? I am sure that many others out there would appreciate a bank of tried and tested trips / visitors to work from. Thanks in advance!

3. Hi Garth,

Our programmes at TYF have links to National Curriculum subjects including geography, science and PSHCEE, to help reinforce classroom based learning. Topics like balancing, forces, propulsion and vectors can be explained in terms of propelling a kayak or setting up a climb. Here's a link to our learning outcomes page. http://www.tyf.com/learning-outcomes/

We also run leadership programmes throughout the year. Here's a quote from the Headmistress of Christ College Brecon who come to West Wales every September.

?The Lower Sixth Leadership Course provided by TYF on an annual basis for our pupils has become not only one of the highlights of the pupils? school careers, but one of the distinctive features of our school offering. The course achieves so many things; it is the foundation for new friendships, provides real challenge, promotes resilience, teamwork and communication skills, and promotes a love of adventure which goes on long after the course has ended. Crucial to the success of the course is the quality of the instructors, who are highly qualified and experienced and who balance safety with a great sense of fun and an enthusiasm for the exhilarating experiences that can be gained through the course. One of their strongest assets is that they don?t look or sound like teachers!?

Let us know if we can send over a full brochure to the school for you to look through.

4. I don't know where you are based but Delve Into History provide sensible priced outreach workshops. The website is historyworkshopsnorthwestengland.co.uk