1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best tools for Monitoring, Tracking and Measuring Progress

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by cat2909, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Hi

We have Classroom Monitor. Are there better alternatives, given our students make small increments of progress at a time and we need to be able to show this and measure it? Am aware of RAISEonline, B Squared.... thoughts?

2. The decimal system for writing tracks finer progress - see Primary Tools

3. Hi,

We use SIMS and have programmed this for our new assessment system. Rising Stars progress tests also help show small increments of progress.

4. stephpupilasset

stephpupilasset New commenter

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution? We used PupilAsset in my school to show smaller steps of progress which was great after the removal of levels. (I'm now an Educational Consultant for PupilAsset, so am obviously bias, but it's worth taking a look at their formative assessment stuff if you haven't already).

5. sazmoo14

sazmoo14 New commenter

Hi,
    I recommend Quizalize (https://www.quizalize.com/) as an effective app to assess children's learning. It connects to a platform called Zzish (https://live.zzish.com/) which enables you to track children's progress and see which topics they are struggling with. It's easy to use too.

6. pedchamp

pedchamp New commenter

I know some schools are starting to move away from conventional tracking systems based on historical levels.
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

7. MarkBOT

MarkBOT New commenter

We use a piece of software that assesses student work, provides feedback, and then grades each piece of work. We provide monthly reports to who ever wants to see them (set, parents, hod) based on all four assessments done during the week. It is all done with software so there is no manual marking and has been well recieved by students. Might be worth a look if you are interested.

8. Shahina_77

Shahina_77 New commenter

Can I ask what it is? I am a student trainee and have just worked at a special school using B squared.

9. MarkBOT

MarkBOT New commenter