1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best time to apply for jobs for Aug 2020 Dubai

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by hill_sj, Sep 29, 2019.

1. hill_sj

hill_sj New commenter

Hi all,

I am looking to move out to Dubai For August 2020. When do jobs start to come up for this time?
    Does anyone have any suggestions of good routes in (recruitment agencies, jobs fairs worth attending, etc)

I have obviously thoroughly researched types of school, packages available, etc, but unsure of what time of year/where I need to start looking/applying.

Thanks in advance!

2. isupportcommonsense

isupportcommonsense New commenter

Im also trying to go Dubai or doha to teach. However I have not teaching qualifications only a degree. Do you know if you need qts?

3. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

try the teaching abroad forum.... if you want to work in a decent school then yes you are going to need QTS, but there are plenty of terrible schools all over the world that will take you without it.

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Hello. If you go to the Teaching Abroad forum, then you will be able to read one or two posts that were written by a very old and smelly hippopotamus.

Yes, dumbbells66 is absolutely right. There ARE international schools that will give you a teaching job with just a degree and no teaching qualifications, but these schools are usually the ones to be avoided. It might not be such a problem if you happen to teach Physics, of course.

There are one or two other places in the world, by the way. Dubai is not the only possible destination for all UK-trained teachers.

5. yasf

yasf Occasional commenter

I still don't get the obsession with Dubai. There are so many other much much nicer places in the world.

dumbbells66 likes this.
  6. the hippo

yasf, I completely agree! Perhaps everybody has heard of Dubai because everyone has heard of Dubai, so everyone is telling everyone else.

yasf likes this.
  7. yasf

yasf Occasional commenter

Jobs start appearing in September - although the main recruiting time runs from about now through to the end of January.
    Good places to look for jobs will depend on your qualifications and experience. Assuming you are properly qualified, experienced and UK based, then the TES website and Search Associates would be my recommendation.

Out of interest, why Dubai ?

8. the hippo

Yes, the good ol' TES is a fine place to start. Like yasf, I am a Search Associates fan. The bad news with SA is that it takes ages to get all of your paperwork finished.

9. b_lehal

b_lehal New commenter

Be careful when you apply I would use TES jobs for vacancies.

10. As @b_lehal Said, You may use TES Job Vacancies or Job search apps like Naurkri to find our your dream Job

After applying for Job In Any Company, Do a search about that Company background, check out their online reviews.