1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best thing I ever bought...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lily_the_pink, Sep 6, 2011.

1. I bought a "dawn simulation" alarm clock the other day from Philips. IT IS AMAZING! First day back at school and little sleep, it woke me up gently and slowly and I felt so refreshed. Wanted to share this little gem because it made me so happy!! YAY!

2. Yup - I agree. Got mine a couple of years ago, and it's absolutely brilliant - especially once the evenings draw in.

3. I haven't ever heard of one of these...but sounds like a Godsend!!

Think I may need to invest!

:)

4. In a similar vein....I downloaded a sleep cycle APP on my iphone. It tracks your sleep and ensures that you wake up during light sleep so that you aren't tired. You give it a time frame so that you are up by the correct time and it is brilliant!
    Best 69p I ever spent [​IMG] Although it was weird being woken up at 5.37 this morning and feeling wide awake and spritely.

5. PFF, how does it work?

6. That sounds very bizarre PFF, I also wonder how it 'knows' when you are in light sleep?
    Ive always wanted one of those natural light clocks, but my OH doesn't get up until an hour after me and I think it would drive him mad.

7. You body moves very different during the sleep cycles. Because the iphone has a very sensitive movement sensor it can pick up on all of the movements.
    Even if it is a load of b@ll@cks it has been absolutely marvellous for me!! Never felt better in the mornings.

8. Winnie Woo

Winnie Woo New commenter

I have one of those dawn simulator clocks. It doesn't wake me up, but it's much less harsh than putting the light on. Best thing I ever bought was my teasmade. Being woken up by a pot of tea without having to leave the bed - wonderful!

9. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

I initially read that as an APP app on your iphone...[​IMG]

10. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

I'm trying to think of a joke along the lines of "who's Dawn?" or similar, and failing, so I'll just give up and admit that this does sound pretty good. I think I might investigate. Will it also wake up small babies and wives sleeping in the same room? That might get me into trouble, you see...

11. Winnie Woo

Winnie Woo New commenter

How many wives do you have sleeping in the same room?

12. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

[​IMG]