1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

best resources

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by khaseer, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Forward planning ... hoping for some money for EY next budget. So question is, what has been the best buy in your setting and what resources would you struggle without!

2. I'm new to my school and haven't spent anything but I really like the community playthings wooden bricks I have inherited - i'd be really interested to see what others like

3. hi, we have a wooden frame that the chidren can use in lots of different ways, it is sometimes a den for tea parties,a bus,train rocket, the ideas are endless, we let the children be creative and put different coloured fabrics over it, it can be used both indoors and out, we have even made it into a loom and let children have weave different materials through it, its a great resource to have!

4. oooo that sounds great - was it a buy or made? If made where from?

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

If it's the same as ours it is also made by Community Playthings

6. Definitely community playthings blocks - it was the one thing I campaigned for when I joined the school. We have just got another set (thank you PTA) in our FS area as KS1 and 2 kept dominating them at playtimes!
    They're not cheap, but can become ANYTHING - from bridges to rockets to dens to ships. Years 5 and 6 enjoy playing with them as much as my YR children - hence the extra set was needed.

7. Which blocks do you recommend? There are several types on the website.

8. Anyone?

9. We've got bricks but would really like the hollow type blocks as well - have seen them being used and they are great. The bricks are bigger than normal bricks and they children just love them - we have used them for all sorts of things

10. Msz

Msz Established commenter

If you have the money I would get a set of hollow blocks and a half set of unit blocks