1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best resources for differentiation in KS3 German?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by musiclover1, Mar 2, 2012.

1. musiclover1

musiclover1 New commenter

I have asked for help with resources because all I've got at the moment (for mixed ability teaching in a boys' grammar) in Years 8 and 9 is some Echo 2 and 3 textbooks (with CDs) and a resource and assessment file with half the pages and tapes missing.
    I doubt the budget will be huge, but the school has promised to help me. What should I ask for? I'm thinking of asking for those Echo work books (not hugely fun, but differentiated into A for reinforcement and B for extension, and relevant to the topics), Or else I could ask for some magazines perhaps? Anything else that would help to stretch the more able or to support the less able?

2. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

The work books are worth buying - either use them as consumables and buy new each year, or ask pupils to write answers in their exercise books rather than in the work books.