1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best resources for AQA GCSE?

Discussion in 'Science' started by PhysBee, Jul 8, 2017.

1. PhysBee

PhysBee New commenter

Hi,

I would like to buy in some resources for the AQA 9-1 courses - mainly worksheets/tests - to help manage the workload of my department.

We're currently subscribed to teachit and exampro. Has anyone used any other resources that are worth the money? Budget is obviously very tight but I can squeeze other areas if the resources are actually any good.

We also don't have textbooks so I was considering kerboodle. The A Level kerboodle seems quite good, anyone know what the GCSE one is like?

Thanks

2. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

We use Kerboodle. It has a wide range of worksheets and interactive resources, and now seems to have material for each topic (an issue earlier in the year)

You also get accessto digital copiesof their textbooks which students can access from home.

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I have a copy of the Collins syllabus on a flash drive. It looks pretty comprehensive and would make a great skeleton for an in house syllabus.

4. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

We used to have access to Kerboodle, which I thought was excellent. Then we had a change of leadership, and had to go with an online testing package called Alfiesoft, which I felt was an extremely poor exchange, to put it mildly.