1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best pudding in the world - ever!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by cosmos, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Blowing my own trumpet here because I invented it.....
    Bread and butter pudding....... wait for it, made with pannetone sandwiches of butter, apricot jam (home made) and marzipan slices. Custard as normal.
    It was divine. That's it now, all the left over Christmas foods gone. Will have to wait a year before making it again.

2. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Sorry, I invented this two years ago, but minus the marzipan. You don't have to wait until next year, cosmos, brioche works quite nicely, too!

3. We have done a Stollen and Butter Pudding...that has the Marzipan in it!
    And the best pudding ever is actually steamed dumplings with compote and custard!

4. Don't like marzipan but I do like the idea of homemade apricot jam.
    Best pudding for me is blueberry pudding - so yum!

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

For me, it's got to be my 'Shattered Morals flan'!! I posted the recipe on here a few weeks ago!
    But I've made an addition to it, grated orange rind in the pastry and use the orange juice to make the glaze, divine.

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

8. Nooooooooooo. none of you has invented this pudding. I claim credit for the pannetone, apricot jam (home made) and marzipan combo! I shall call it cosmos pudding. It will be famous!
    Love the sound of yours lapin.....

[​IMG]

9. I've been making B&B pud with pannettone for some time, it IS divine!!

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I must try this. I was thinking of adding some Maya Gold chocolate instead of the marzipan. Mmmmm!

11. Now that sounds good! Bombay pudding. It will be famous.......