1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best Professional Development Advice?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by leadlearner, Oct 25, 2011.

1. leadlearner

leadlearner New commenter

I know that good cpd isn't just courses - it can be observing others and training within schools as well as reading books etc . I am just wondering what is the best cpd you have ever had? What makes it effective?
    I know some staff aren't getting to attend courses away from school. I really see the sense in training us as a whole staff to share common messages etc. But can I just ask how you ensure staff remain developed and how you use any budgets? Whole staff cpd is an area I am really interested in, but I am wondering how you manage staff expectations and move things forward.
    Are you getting involved with schools that are Training schools???
    So any thoughts on your own best cpd or other managers' comments on making cpd effective in moving the school forward and getting staff engaged by this would be helpful.
    Thank you in advance for any helpful comments,

2. leadlearner

leadlearner New commenter

So nobody's had any decent cpd recently?

3. Dink_bird

Dink_bird New commenter

Oh dear, that's what it looks like!
    The best CPD for me has been visiting other schools and seeing good practice..and having the chance to talk to other teachers of the same subject.
    It's been sooo much better than anything ran by exam boards!!