1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best practice in Summative Assessment (at KS3 especially)?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by mature_maths_trainee, Apr 17, 2012.

1. mature_maths_trainee

mature_maths_trainee New commenter

<font face="Calibri">Does anyone have a strongly recommended scheme or process of (primarily) summative KS3/KS4 assessment that is genuinely useful for tracking and motivating student progress over a period of years?</font>

<font size="3">Specifically, I want something that is capable and effective (operating over a period of years) in identifying specific areas of strength and weakness for each student, and showing the degree of improvement in those particular areas. I want this because I feel that too often:</font>i)
    <font face="Calibri">If you feel that such assessment is too burdensome to justify the benefits, then what exactly are the barriers? [if it's primarily the burden on teachers of marking more tests, and recording more data, I can see technology overcoming those barriers imminently] </font><font face="Calibri">Cheers, MMT</font>

2. mature_maths_trainee

mature_maths_trainee New commenter

Sorry for the awful formatting of above post.