1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best Pod Coffee Machine

Discussion in 'Personal' started by WB, Nov 16, 2019.

1. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I have to admit, I simply don't understand the raison d'etre of these expensive coffee machines and their expensive pods. I just don't. There are plenty of different ways of brewing coffee and plenty of different brands to suit any taste. Then there is the counter top space they take up. I will admit to nice coffee from the machines but no better than other methods of coffee making.

2. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I am caffeine free most of the time. I was going to write "a few years ago", but I have just realised it must be 30 years since Mrs TCSC and I gave up caffeine. Time flies!

I was drinking quite a bit of caffeine coffee and tea and starting to suffer from headaches. Going decaf was one of the best diet changes I have done.

I still drink caffeine coffee from time to time when I need a keep awake moment and it works so much more effectively! On a few occasions, saucer eyes even!

3. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Always love a good pun!

4. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Umm-m, ---- failure of the naughty word censor!!?

5. Liplet

Liplet New commenter

We have De'Longhi ENV135B Nespresso machine https://www.amazon.com/Nespresso-Vertuo-Espresso-Machine-DeLonghi/dp/B01MCYAFOD. My mother-in-law had a Nespresso machine and after she made me a cup of coffee I had to have my own. I was skeptical about the price but this machine makes such delicious frothy coffee. The cup tray height is adjustable to accommodate different cup sizes which greatly reduces splashing if you're using a short fat cup or an espresso cup. I really like that the machine disposed of the cartridges into the side container for easy disposal.
    We prefer to use the original Nespresso capsules because of a huge taste variety but it is possible to use the compatible pods https://www.coffee-statistics.com/best-nespresso-compatible-capsules/ which cost less than original ones.
    We are really happy to own this machine.