1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Best of Britain" Topic ideas Yr1/2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Grace3784, Jul 18, 2011.

1. HI,
    Getting started with my Autumn planning for my new year group - mixed 1 and 2. Wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before sleep begins for the summer!
    Any particular books with British theme?
    table group names?
    Role play ideas?
    Anything would be helpful!
    Thanks in advance!

2. HI,
    Getting started with my Autumn planning for my new year group - mixed 1 and 2. Wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before sleep begins for the summer!
    Any particular books with British theme?
    table group names?
    Role play ideas?
    Anything would be helpful!
    Thanks in advance!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Hi- I will also be a year 1/2 teacher and will be doing a 'Britain' topic later in the year. I will be using the Hamilton plans as a starting point and then will ask the chn what they already know and what questions they would like to answer etc. I think the 'We are Britain' topic is a free one so you should be able to look at it.
    You could make the role play corner a travel agents with lots of brochures and information about British holiday destinations?
    Maybe look at famous British people/authors/artists. Track how toys/transport/music/fashion has changed? You could use 'Take One Picture' as a starting point- some of the paintings are by British artists.'The Fighting Temeraire' could be a nice lead into looking at the history of ships. That's all I can think of at the moment, hope it gives you some ideas- I'm sure other people will have lots more suggestions.