1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Best music - worse reception?!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by teach984, May 18, 2011.

1. When putting a bit of music on for kids to work to, what's the best music you've put on that's had the worst reception?

I only ask because I put Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks on for the students today, arguably one of the greatest albums ever and they spent 20 minutes taking the mickey out of it and laughing at it efore I caved in and put Galaxy Radio on for them!!

2. When putting a bit of music on for kids to work to, what's the best music you've put on that's had the worst reception?

I only ask because I put Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks on for the students today, arguably one of the greatest albums ever and they spent 20 minutes taking the mickey out of it and laughing at it efore I caved in and put Galaxy Radio on for them!!

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Sounds like your students have good taste. Bob Dylan, talentless oik who was lucky that the Vietnam war was on when he wrote a couple of protest songs.

I find Guns n Roses has the best effect on my classes.

4. The first Tracy Chapman album (skipping the track she does without instruments) and Bob Marley greatest hits - both always seem to go down well. Mind you if it is an A-Level class on a Friday morning doing yet more revision, a bit of disco is great, "I will survive" followed by "Can You Feel it?" always picks them back up.