1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best moisturiser for acne prone skin?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cys2017, Jul 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

my skin gets congested with products easily..like skin coloured bumps on my skin. Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser please xx

2. knitone

knitone Senior commenter

Clinique Moisture Surge is very good.

cys2017 likes this.
  3. ruthwill500

ruthwill500 New commenter

I recommend all the Clarins Skincare products. I suggest you visit their local counter and see what they provide.

4. Rhubarb00

Rhubarb00 New commenter

Aveeno is great.

5. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I used to get hormonal acne, but I can really recommend The Ordinary moisturiser with HA but especially the niacinemide (sp?) serum stuff. Has done wonders for my skin.

cys2017 likes this.
  6. pickles124

pickles124 Established commenter

Hi does anyone have any recommendations on products or treatments targeted for hormonal acne and marks that are left behind?

I'm desperately trying to find a solution here...I've had every facial you can think of and microdermabrasion but has done nothing.

cys2017 likes this.
  7. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

8. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

Wash face with mild soap and water. Pat dry or leave to dry.

Mix lemon juice with egg white and apply to the areas of acne. It will dry and form a paste across the area. Leave for at least 20 mins then wash and pat dry. Leave skin to breathe.

Can do this as often as you want, acne gone in a day or so.

9. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Why do you want a product to deal with congestion from products when there is the option of no products at all?

10. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Anything that doesn't contain petroleum products. I don't have acne, but I do have sensitive skin and I notice a difference.

11. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Don't know about you, but I need a moisturiser.

12. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Cleanse regularly with clean and clear blackhead remover liquid or sensitive liquid to remove blockages then you can use whatever moisturiser you like.

13. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

I'm afraid I am horribly pious when it comes to skin. The skincare industry leans heavily on the belief of the need for multiple skin care products when actually you can have more impact on your skin through eating certain things (*) or getting more sleep, fresh air, hydration. I'd far rather take a hollistic approach to maintaining my skin (and it works well for me) than slather it in something of unknown provenance then wash off at the end of the day. Nothing goes on my skin.

See-horribly pious.

* good skin food to obviate a need for moisturiser-almonds, mackerel, peppers, any seeds.

14. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

You don't need to rely on "the industry" to moisturise. Currently conditioning my eye-lashes with olive oil. I need moisturiser and hate the dry feeling of my skin when I come out of the shower. Drinking water and scoffing tins of mackerel don't help me in that context.

Anyway - my advice to the OP about petroleum based products stands - avoid avoid avoid.

15. needabreak

What do you use for sun protection, a UV parasol?

16. needabreak

Coconut oil works on skin and hair too but due to appearing greasy probably needs washing off... Indian people have used it in their hair to cleanse and soften for years. Many peoples use olive oil on their skin/hair for the same purpose.

Do your eyelashes need conditioner or is it to help them grown back or longer or something?

17. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Lol, I read somewhere it makes them less brittle after make-up removal. And it does! I remember when my daughter was a newborn and had baby acne (sorry, I don't remember the proper name for it) and the midwife recommending using olive oil on it. Worked beautifully. x

needabreak likes this.
  18. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

What Orky said. The Ordinary are very good products and won't break the bank. you won't get any gloop or perfume or stuff you don't need. have a look and read the blurbs - can recommend emailing their people and asking what's best.

19. needabreak

Oh so you put mascara over the top or oil after you have removed the makeup? That is interesting might try that. I guess that is why olive oil was so highly prized in the past... I have used a little warm olive oil as eardrums to losen ear wax and on the skin before a bath, you come out all soft and smooth. :D

coffeekid likes this.
  20. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Too fancy. I use shade and try to avoid desert regions.
    I am that crazy sunshine brolly lady.

Actually though...not that crazy; Bear Grylls recommends hollowing out a stray part-desiccated camel and crouching within it's rib cage. In the event, yes, I would get some sun cream instead.