1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best lesson EVER...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lauren155, May 29, 2011.

1. lauren155

lauren155 New commenter

It's half term and I always need a boost to get me in the right frame of mind to go back to school!
    What is the best lesson you ever taught? Feeling a bit lacklustre and could do with some inspiration!

2. lauren155

lauren155 New commenter

It's half term and I always need a boost to get me in the right frame of mind to go back to school!
    What is the best lesson you ever taught? Feeling a bit lacklustre and could do with some inspiration!

3. Final placement Yr6 lesson on materials changing. Made 200+ little foil spoons and had the whole class heating up small amount of various materials over tea lights. Stank the classroom out but for once had a whole class who just didn't want to go to lunch. Brilliant fun! [for them and for me]. Just itching to be moved to yr6 so I can do it again.
    KC
    [avoiding writing reports].

4. PE, athletics. Set up several events around the hall, left paper, pencils and stopwatches at each. Demonstrated each one once. Sorted them into groups then left them to it. They were all engrossed, there was no fussing and I was free to go around and make specific coaching points as and when they were needed. It's brilliant when they just get on and it's as if they don't need me.