1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best KS3 Mathematics Teachers Handbook suggestion?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by uk343, Mar 30, 2016.

1. uk343

uk343 New commenter

I am a Trainee Teacher of Secondary Mathematics. I am looking for a Handbook/Textbook for KS3 with good explanation and illustrations for topics at KS3.
    I have come up with Longman Success In Maths Teachers Handbook that got lessons plan for every single topics at KS3-KS4. But way too expensive.
    Any suggestions welcome please!

2. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

The ethnomethodological foundations of mathematics - Livingstone (1986)
    ... one would otherwise have escaped ...

uk343 likes this.
  3. uk343

uk343 New commenter

thank you

4. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Don't restrict yourself to just a textbook - there is so much out there! Use many sources.

5. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

the biggest resource in ant Maths department should be the other Maths teachers. Share and swap ideas. Chat over coffee. My first year, many years ago before reduced load for NQTs, was made so much easier by senior colleagues who would suggest which resource was best from the departmental store. That saved hours of digging around and left time for all sorts of other useful activities.
    And do bear in mind that the more dog eared the set of books, the better they are likely to be. Mint condition books tend to be poor and as a result never used.