1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cosmos, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Has anyone been to see this? I was planning to take my friend's 94 year old mother to see it - she's very keen as it has everyone in it - but she doesn't want any graphic sex scenes!
    Last film I took her to was the one with Annette Bening and Julianne Moore, forgotten the name, and she was more then a little startled by what she saw and doesn't quite trust my judegement any more!
    Is it suitable?

2. Has anyone been to see this? I was planning to take my friend's 94 year old mother to see it - she's very keen as it has everyone in it - but she doesn't want any graphic sex scenes!
    Last film I took her to was the one with Annette Bening and Julianne Moore, forgotten the name, and she was more then a little startled by what she saw and doesn't quite trust my judegement any more!
    Is it suitable?

3. cherryaimless

cherryaimless New commenter

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is an easy film. Worth going to see it for the great cast. There are suggestions of sex happening, but no gratuitous scenes!.
    I can see how The Kids are All Right might have raised a few eyebrows, though!

4. Ha ha! It certainly did cherry! I'm not sure who was blushing more [​IMG] Her daughter, my friend, was quite shocked that I should have taken her aging mother to a risque film!
    If there are no hidden dangers in BEMH I'll take her then, thanks for that.

5. Mrs_Frog

Mrs_Frog New commenter

Its a lovely film, what my dear old mum would refer to as a 'nice' film. Made me cry in one bit though....
    B x

6. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

My MIL recommended that we see it - it was amusing enough but I was left wondering if we have any other mature actors and does Judy Dench have to be in everything?
    Hub and I are not looking for beige things for our new bungalow as a result of seeing the film.

7. ljr

ljr New commenter

My 89 year old Dad thoroughly enjoyed it.

8. I'm an old fart and I loved it.

9. Linda555

Linda555 New commenter

Took my 84 year old MIL and she couldn't stop thanking me - all her buddies had seen it and she thought we wouldn't want to see a film about elderly people. We both loved it (for different reasons). She has memory problems and the film was ideal as it was more about the characters and very little plot. She also loved all the "old favourite" faces. No sex scenes either! Definitely a great idea!

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I thought that there would be scenes involving rubber gloves!!

11. We recently stayed in the place they used for the film. Didn't know until we got there and saw the sign! The hotel is in the country - they filmed the street scenes in Jaipur. Can't wait to see the film!

12. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i really liked that film, and also had a bit of a cry!

13. I persuaded my other half to go, because I'd heard good reviews and like most of the actors in it. I was a bit worried he wouldn't like it, but afterwards he said it was one of the best films he'd ever seen. I loved it, and would heartily recommend it. It's aesthetically pleasing as well as a moving story with some gentle humour and a satisfying conclusion. I also needed tissues at one point.