1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best Exam board for an EBD school - English GCSE

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by baxterbasics, Apr 15, 2010.

1. baxterbasics

baxterbasics New commenter

Hi
    I'm working at an EBD school and we're trying to get the kids some English qualifications to work towards.
    They will all be taking Level 1 English, but we would like some advice on GCSE exam boards - there are so many to choose from.
    Is there an English exam that is not too academically focussed (eg Shakespeare etc) that will keep the kids engaged and hopefully lead to at least a low grade GCSE ?
    Any advice much appreciated

2. hi
    i know this post was a long time ago but was wondering if you had made any headway. As part of my SLT role i am driving standards in English and Maths and am not a subject specialst in either! I am also at an EBD school and would appreciate any advice

3. EDI are quite good for their functional skills. We also do AQA unit awards which can go towards functional skills as well, Hope this helps