1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best ever nursery display!?? need inspiration!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by the apprentice, Jun 14, 2011.

1. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

Hello....just wondered if anyone has a favourite display idea that l could borrow to inspire me during the last few weeks of term!! We are currently using transport as our theme and then minibeasts but l quite fancy doing a 'one off' display on anything!! Just something that the children will love doing,will be good fun and will look impressive...don't want much do l?!!
    Just wondered if anyone had any displays that they felt were Fab!!! Please share..l could do with a lift this end of term!!! thanks

2. Could you do a sort of montagy thing including different stuff that has been covered this year. Maybe a theatre stage kind of thing. 'Nursery Showcase' perhaps the children will have a favourite. Am sure as you start on the work you will be inspired as to how to bring it all together.

3. Hi,
    I used the front cover of the story The Runaway Train by Benedict Blaythwayt. ( think that spelling is a bit dodgy ) The story mentions all different types of transport train ,lorry , bike, horses, trractor, boat and finally helicopter. So they travel by road, rail and river. Sorry I haven't got photo but it was bright colourful and a favourite. The children ( class of 23 ) all painted or collaged objects together, then they wrote the labels. Promotes many learning outcomes.

4. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

l like both of those ideas..have a couple of Benedict Blaythwayt books although not that one..but will have a look on line . thanks very much