1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best ever Hitchcock film?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by AntonBruckner, Sep 4, 2011.

1. What is the best ever Hitchcock film and why? Vertigo? Psycho? The Birds? Rear Window? Spellbound? Notorious? The 39 Steps? Marnie? North by Northwest? Torn Curtain? Strangers on a Train? The Man Who Knew Too Much? Frenzy? Topaz? I'd plump for Psycho, for Bernard Herrman's wonderful score, great black and white cinematography, Anthony Perkin's superb acting, wonderful suspense throughout, making it the pot-bellied master of suspense's masterpiece, in my opinion.

2. What is the best ever Hitchcock film and why? Vertigo? Psycho? The Birds? Rear Window? Spellbound? Notorious? The 39 Steps? Marnie? North by Northwest? Torn Curtain? Strangers on a Train? The Man Who Knew Too Much? Frenzy? Topaz? I'd plump for Psycho, for Bernard Herrman's wonderful score, great black and white cinematography, Anthony Perkin's superb acting, wonderful suspense throughout, making it the pot-bellied master of suspense's masterpiece, in my opinion.

3. Yes think it has to be Psycho but I did like strangers on a train. In fact I liked them all!!

4. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Psycho was good but failed to surprise me enough.
    For style and deftness fo touch my vote goes to North by Northwest

5. Psycho for it's technical qualities and Rear Window for it's edge of the seat thrilling-ness... (for me)

6. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

Definitely Psycho, although The Birds still makes me feel edgy as well.