1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best English GCSE for SEMH?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by frazzled-teacher, Jul 25, 2016.

1. frazzled-teacher

frazzled-teacher New commenter

Hello everyone,

I have recently been appointed Head of English at an SEMH school after returning from teaching abroad for 2 years. I have been using Cambridge IGCSE First Language abroad and did in the UK before I left (this is also what my new school did last year). Apparently this has seriously fallen out of favour since I left but I am struggling to find any information about whether employers still accept it? The KS4 kids will be at college 3 days a week and doing Functional Skills there, so I am looking for an English Language Course that would be suitable.

What are you doing with your kids? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. poppym

poppym New commenter

Hi Frazzled-teacher

Did you have any joy on finding a new course? I am sending 3 pupils to college for 3 days a week and will need an alternative. I am thinking about using the EL Asdan course. Would be really interested to hear what you have decided.

:)