1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best British reading programme for young children?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by 6pd4vjo, Mar 8, 2011.

1. I'm in an international school and we currently have a home reading programme with US spelling (Scholastic books). We are wanting to introduce a British reading programme alongside it, so that the programme appeals to a wider range of international families. When I taught in the UK, Oxford Reading Tree was THE scheme, but there are now several alternatives. Advice appreciated!

2. I'm in an international school and we currently have a home reading programme with US spelling (Scholastic books). We are wanting to introduce a British reading programme alongside it, so that the programme appeals to a wider range of international families. When I taught in the UK, Oxford Reading Tree was THE scheme, but there are now several alternatives. Advice appreciated!

3. There is an alternative used in a number of International schools which, because of a current literacy research project, you can currently have free of charge. Email me your address and I will pop it in the post.
    Eddie Carron

4. Sorry - forgot to give the address!
    Mrs. V. Jones
    International School of Stavanger
    Treskeveien 3
    4043 Hafrsfjord
    Norway