1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best banoffee pie in the world....and sooo easy!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jan 12, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Made this twice over Xmas (hence needing to get to the gym!)
    .It is sooooo easy and sooooo yummy!
    Crush a packet of hobnobs (plain not choc) and mix with 6oz melted unsalted butter.
    Press into the base of a loose bottomed cake tin and bake for 10 mins.
    Remove to cool.
    When cool top with a tin of condensed milk that has turned to toffee (can buy ready made or cover a can with water and simmer for 3 hours then cool. Must keep can covered to avoid expolsive toffee on ceiling)
    Top toffee with 2 sliced bananas (not too ripe as this is very sweet) then top with whipped double cream and grated chocolate.
    I also sprinkle a little edible cake glitter on mine (Hobbycraft sells the stuff) to make it look even more goreous.
    Enjoy......simple!!!!

2. BelleDuJour

Made this twice over Xmas (hence needing to get to the gym!)
    .It is sooooo easy and sooooo yummy!
    Crush a packet of hobnobs (plain not choc) and mix with 6oz melted unsalted butter.
    Press into the base of a loose bottomed cake tin and bake for 10 mins.
    Remove to cool.
    When cool top with a tin of condensed milk that has turned to toffee (can buy ready made or cover a can with water and simmer for 3 hours then cool. Must keep can covered to avoid expolsive toffee on ceiling)
    Top toffee with 2 sliced bananas (not too ripe as this is very sweet) then top with whipped double cream and grated chocolate.
    I also sprinkle a little edible cake glitter on mine (Hobbycraft sells the stuff) to make it look even more goreous.
    Enjoy......simple!!!!

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

My healthy-eating-not-diet plan allows me to have healthy, fruit-based puds...so baked apples...fruit compote...apple crumble (with a branflake based topping)...
    This banoffee pie contains bananas....so can I class it as healthy and fruit-based?....and as it contains 2 bananas - can I count it as 2 of my 5 a day if I scoff the whole lot whilst watching NCIS tonight?
    (Gibbs and sticky, messy pudding ...need to lick it .....bad beth....keep your imagination in check!)

4. BelleDuJour

Beth....this recipe is so easy and just awesome! And yes, if you eat
    the whole pie that counts as 2 of your 5 a day!!! [​IMG]

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Add a glass of wine and that's 3!!

6. BelleDuJour

Oh yes......and I had even resisted counting the 'bean' in 'cocoa bean' in the grated chocolate!

7. I need to get some of that.

8. BelleDuJour

It's great fun. Comes in all colours and is fab for decorating desserts and cakes. Very pretty!