1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Best advert at the moment

Discussion in 'Personal' started by InkyP, Jul 23, 2015.

1. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I love the latest Channel 4 advert with the dog interviewing people. My favourite bit is where he interviews Kevin McCloud and drinks a cup of tea - simple things please simple minds, yes, I know. I'm tempted to try it with our Jack Russell though.

2. tidal

tidal New commenter

I'm quite amused by the latest National Lottery ones

3. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I agree: it's genius. It had me laughing out loud.

I agree with Tidal about the National Lottery ad, too. Nice to see those massive egos prepared to send themselves up - although I expect they were paid handsomely for it.

4. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I still love the cat and budgie for Freeview. [​IMG]

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I rarely find tv advertisements amusing these days, but I do like the one which goes: "I kissed my wife the way a woman should be kissed... Hold on, you're not my wife!" (Should have gone to Specsavers)

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

The scarf one (I think it is for a bank) is one of the better ones. However my 2015 prize would go to the full version of the Stallone Warburton's ad. "Its Bake or break time"! And when he jumps into the wrong side of the truck!

7. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I can't stand the scarf/Nationwide one, blazer, whereas the black horse one for Lloyds is great, imo and I love the song that accompanies it.

8. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I agree about the scarf/Nationwide one.... as if! I also like the black horse ad.

9. gargs

gargs Star commenter

"Get the fudge out of Rodge" makes me smile.

10. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I know it's not on at the moment but my favourite ad of all time is the first Cravendale milk one "Cats with thumbs"

11. Dragonlady30

I loved that one too!! [​IMG]

12. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Not strictly an advert, but I like the trailer for the new GBBO series.

13. peakster

peakster Star commenter

The old classics of yesteryear seem to have gone sadly - is anyone going to make ads as good as the drumming gorilla or the Kit-Kat panda ad again

14. DogsareNOTstupid

DogsareNOTstupid New commenter

I had to google this, as not being in the UK. It made me cry!

An offering from Australia… real people being interviewed for being guide dogs.

I can't post links properly, so you might have to cut and paste, but it's worth it [​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxwJ2GgtDHs

15. Dragonlady30

Aww bless you!! I didn't mean to make you cry!! [​IMG]

LOVE the Guide Dog advertisement. Makes you think!!!

16. DogsareNOTstupid

DogsareNOTstupid New commenter

Aww,, thank you :)…..The guide dog advert makes me want to cry too! [​IMG]

But, yes.. it really does make you think.

17. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Yes, I like it too.

I like the new 'Moneysupermarket' ad - the one with Colin the pole-dancing builder.

18. lunarita

lunarita Lead commenter

I saw a CapriSun poster the other day with the slogan "Squeeze the day" and the tagline "Capri Diem"

19. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Not in the spirit of the thread, but I thought not much could be worse than the Moneysupermarket Dave advert. I was wrong! An overweight male pole dancer is not what I want to see!

20. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Been trying for ages to think of a couple which I thought quite funny and (prob' because I don't watch much tv and not much with adverts) I couldn't remember.

This evening I saw one (part of a series) and realised it was tidal's earlier suggestion -the latest 'Anyone can win the lottery. Don't let it be him/her'.