1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bereavement

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blueapple, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Please help me someone. My mother, my beautiful, vibrant mother, died of lung cancer on Sunday. My brothers and I thought that she had months. Just over a week ago I nagged her for not eating enough. She was sleepy and thin. Three days later she collapsed. Four days later she was dead. I cannot face going back to work. Preparing my sixth form for their exams ... year 11 have modules in January...how do I stop myself from breaking down if a child or children are rude? I am teetering on phobia about work. There is nowhere to hide in this job. How do teachers keep going when they experience extreme loss. It was bad with my dad. This is worse. Then I had my mum.

2. Please help me someone. My mother, my beautiful, vibrant mother, died of lung cancer on Sunday. My brothers and I thought that she had months. Just over a week ago I nagged her for not eating enough. She was sleepy and thin. Three days later she collapsed. Four days later she was dead. I cannot face going back to work. Preparing my sixth form for their exams ... year 11 have modules in January...how do I stop myself from breaking down if a child or children are rude? I am teetering on phobia about work. There is nowhere to hide in this job. How do teachers keep going when they experience extreme loss. It was bad with my dad. This is worse. Then I had my mum.