1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Benidorm

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lilyofthefield, Mar 25, 2011.

1. I have thus far despised and avoided all soaps except Corrie apart from a brief ironic flirtation with Emmerdale Farm in the 70s and kid-and-granny-induced forced obsrvation of Neighbours in the 80-90s.
    But tonight in the interests of fairness, I gave Benidorm 20 mins of my life and I moderately liked it.
    Is there a support goup?

2. The more I watch it the more I realise that it's like a documentary of the holidays I used to go on as a kid. Last night when Steve Pemberton was wearing that terrible Burbery rip off with the gold chain it really reminded me of my dad, bless him! Aaaaahhhh, nostalgia [​IMG]

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I loved it at first but when they all started speaking English instead of in their own languages I stopped watching it.

4. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

That we're the same person???? Spooky ...

5. bed

bed New commenter

love Love LOVE Benidorm
    Madge has to be one of the best comedy monsters ever created - and they're all so believable!
    I get the distress at no JV but the South African Daughter is just ready to grab Madge's crown as comedy monster.
    A nice touch of pathos, real affection and true family bonds coupled with sun, swingers and streotypes.
    Fab
    Love it
    And Waterloo Road is WONDERFUL
    I especailly like the sexy Spanish teacher dragging the hot young pupil into her GLASS WALLED classroom for a snog.
    Oh they got caught? Shock horror
    love it!

6. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter

Normally I really enjoy Benidorm. It's cheeky, fast paced, the characters are obnoxious yet likeable. But last night's episide was truly terrible, wasn't it? Whatever happened? Why were all the regulars swept to one side for a dreadful story about two new characters we do not care about yet? Why did Sherry's (sp) character change personalities from last week?

7. I love the hairdresser though, can't remember his name. Lord of the Ring - hahahahahahaha

8. I would consider batting for the other side if Mateo would be my friend. He's a lovely little mover.

9. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I love it , I love it , I love it!
    But there agian, I am a saddo.[​IMG]

10. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I thought last night's episode was heaps better than last week's opener which left me a little disappointed. Lots of good, well written lines in last night's.
    I'm so glad to see Mick back, however. What has become of Troy? He only appeared briefly last series and looked rather gaunt.

11. He was sacked.

12. Love Benidorm. The episode when they went to the bullfight literally made me cry with laughter.

13. What did he do?