1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by vickyrae1970, Feb 22, 2011.

  1. vickyrae1970

    vickyrae1970 New commenter

    hopefully i will be doing some supply soon , but in the summer i will need to apply for benefits ? any advice about jobseekers allowance or whichever benefit it is ? what i don't want to be doing is using my savings as i am training for an alternative career at the moment and i need the money for that .
  2. PaulDG

    PaulDG Occasional commenter

    Yes, you need to apply for Job Seeker's Allowance as not only will you get the £60 a week or whatever it is these days you'll also get NI credits while signing on.

Share This Page