1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Below entry level science courses

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by rharrott, Jun 4, 2018.

1. rharrott

rharrott New commenter

Hi

I have just taken up a new post in a special school and have been given the role of subject leader for science as I was teaching secondary science this time last year.

I am looking for a science course to teach that is below entry level but can be taught alongside edexcel entry level (I don't want to change this as it is on a 2 year rolling programme and classes are taught as mixed year groups), I was thinking of AQA aims awards (unit award scheme) but I cannot match the content up for some of the units, I really need to be able to do this as some of the classes I will be teaching have some Y11 students who have done the first year of the entry level and some who haven't so won't be able to complete the course in time, however they need to leave with something.

Does anyone know of any other pre-entry level science courses that are available?

If not I suspect I will be double planning so that a TA can deliver the aims whilst I teach the entry level :(

Thanks
    Becca

2. Flanks

Flanks Established commenter

Can you do RARPA and differentiate the Entry Level work for that purpose?

3. rharrott

rharrott New commenter

Unfortunately the school have a more academic curriculum, therefore they want me to teach something that can be accredited, if at all possible. The only thing I can find are the AQA unit awards o_O it is starting to look like very different units and therefore double planning.

4. Sar_H

Sar_H New commenter

We are planning to do the AQA ELC and you can do entry 1, 2, and 3 in the same class. Is entry 1 doable for your pupils?