1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

belly bump support bands

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by FoundationStage!, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Just had a look at the link. Am only 12 weeks but have had back ache and sciatic pain. Not sure about maternity belts although bump bands seem good for cosmetic reasons (covering flesh!) I think it is hard with these products as our species has carried baby's throughout our existence without belts. If you are having bad back pain it might be worth a go although I would talk to my midwife about it too. It could be a symptom of something that could be dealt with in another way. But who knows, I could be crying out for one of these in 6 months time!

2. 12 weeks - me too. No i dont have any problems (touch wood , thank god!) but it did say from 2nd trimester onwards.
    anyway, you know they exist now....

All the best,

3. I would say that the only thing these belts are good for is relieving lower back pain- I'm no expert but wore one in the latter stages of my last pregnancy to support the bump and thus relieve the back pain caused by the s-shaped posture of the spine when carrying a big load in front! Didn't really work though... ho-hum! Surely all that other stuff is just marketing nonsense.