1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Belle's party

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by henriette, May 3, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

How did it go???????????????
    H
    x

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

How did it go???????????????
    H
    x

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

AMAZING!!!!!!!
    Watched the wedding with Mr Belle, Snowstorm, my daughter and BF, her friend and a housemate of theirs. We put up bunting, drank champagne and wore silly union jack hats......taking lots of photos of who could wear the most hats on their body at once!
    Then, at 4pm people started arriving, the sun came out, we got through another 10 champers and a magnum, loads of wine and danced until 11.30pm.
    It was a great bunch of people and huge fun! Excellent day all round.
    How was la belle France?
    [​IMG]

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

La belle France was ..............belle, française!
    I believe the vows were about 11.30am? I was playing mini-golf in Pourville [​IMG] and then back to the house via Auchan!
    Weather was warm-ish, sunny-ish with thunderstorms [​IMG] on Fri and Sat evening.
    Ferry back was hell - crowded and VERY rough! [​IMG]
    Plus, son got food poisoning and spent yesterday vomming [​IMG] , so I didn't get a chance to stock up in the supermarket - at least I had bought some shoes earlier on!!!!

5. BelleDuJour

Bit like me on my recent trip then! [​IMG]

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

I don't think you cooked the food that poisoned you? I cooked (or undercooked) the chicken I fear!!

7. Fab party! Excellent burgers and sausages. Lovely salads brought by neighbours, Snowstorm's chili prawns were delicious. LOVELY. Thank you! (**** company, obviously!) xx

8. BelleDuJour

[​IMG]
    And Alfie was almost as big a hit as 'The Countess'!

9. It sounds like great fun Belle! Glad you all enjoyed the day.
    My friend...who lives a short walk away, invited her friends around...and their daughters and grandchildren, for a girly day.
    She arranged a fabulous little party...(finished at about 2.30pm) but the place was decorated with bunting and flags...and she'd made tiny crust-less sandwiches, mini fruit tartlets, canapes with smoked salmon and prawns...and scones with jam and cream for later, with bowls of strawberries...We started on the champers/fizzy stuff at 10am...and ended with fresh coffee and Florentines.
    It was just superb...the children were in the garden with their own picnic....blowing bubbles and making badges and flags (my friend arranged all this...)and we all had to wear our pearls, as befitting a royal occasion.
    You have just reminded me to buy her a little box of chocolates and pop a 'thank you' note through her door. You remember great days like that. Long live the sociable people like you two, who organise brilliant parties Belle! [​IMG]

10. BelleDuJour

Awww....thanks AE!!! [​IMG]

11. It's sincerely meant Belle. I am an 'attendee' rather than a party-thrower.
    I know how much work and effort beforehand goes into having an 'open house' - my friend made me realise that on royal wedding day. She put so much in place beforehand - she made such an effort - even re-arranged her living room, and all we had to do was enjoy ourselves, and eat and drink.
    I'd be rather afraid that any party I'd throw would fall flat....and the work and effort going into it also puts me off. Some people are more gregarious/generous than others in that respect I think. I used to do dinner parties (when I was married) ...and occasionally I still cater for large gatherings over Sunday lunch, but that's about my limit these days.
    Party throwers are special people, and we should cherish them! [​IMG]

12. BelleDuJour

Me...I just LOVE a good party! [​IMG]