1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Belle and Cosmos.....laydees wot lunch!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Sep 1, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Well, that was the idea. Meet in Marlborough (the town, not the fags!) and enjoy a nice genteel lunch.
    Soon dumped that idea and instead we plumped for cake and shopping!
    Luffly!!!
    Will attempt a repeat performance nearer Christmas and maybe might even manage a proper lunch next time [​IMG]
    *note to self - lunch would have been considerably cheaper than cake and shopping*

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Och that's nice, glad you had a nice time ladies . . . . . . .but my burning question is

what kind of cake did you have? [​IMG]

3. Coffee! I ate all of mine but Belle was goody goody and left the icing!

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Oooh, I love coffee cake. [​IMG] Did you buy any goodies whilst out shopping?

5. BelleDuJour

Yus. But not of the comestible variety!

6. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Yeuk! Anything but coffee cake.

7. Two sparkly (silver) embroidered tunic tops in East. Reduced to £10 from £50!!!!!! One turquoise and t'other shocking pink.
    Trez glam.............oh, and a set of measuring cups

8. BelleDuJour

I bought the pink top like Cosmos (lovely!) and a few silly greetings cards, some bits and bobs from the cookshop (always) and a couple of other things from some of the gorgeous shops!

9. BelleDuJour

OMG it was delish! And it had crunchy walnuts in it.......[​IMG]

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG]

11. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I tried being a lady wot lunched once, but I had a hangover from the one glass of wine before pudding arrived. Cake sounds more sensible.

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I love walnuts. I have been known to munch my way through a whole packet in one sitting. Nuts, in general, are just pretty awesome . . . . . and we have none squirrelled away in the kitchen just now . . . . .this evening would have been perfect for a nut-fest as Mr K is on a late shift and there would have been no one around to tell me off for being a greedy pig.

13. Phew, good to have your approval kibosh!

14. BelleDuJour

Thank god for that! I'm an insomniac at the best of times!!!
    [​IMG]

15. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Agreed! Alcohol and coffee should never be in food. They ruin it for me!
    Glad you had a nice time however, ladies.

16. BelleDuJour

Here's an idea Cosmos......next time we do proper lunch first, then go shopping, then do cake in the afternoon!
    [​IMG]

17. Oh - is that how proper ladies wot lunch do it? I obviously haven't had enough practice!

18. BelleDuJour

Not sure....I think they might have drinky-poos as well but I am on the wagon!

19. Oooo oooohhh I want one! I'm off to Harrogate tomorrow!

20. BelleDuJour

They're lovely Lily. I'd have got both but they only had the pink one in my size! Like Indian/kaftan type tops with silver embroidery and sequins around the neck and cuffs. Yummy!