1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Being signed off from work.

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by roisliwor, May 31, 2017.

1. roisliwor

roisliwor New commenter

Hi Everyone,
    I've been signed off work now for 2 weeks and have had my sick note extended for another 4 weeks due to problems with my knees and joints. During the 2 weeks I haven't had any contact from school other than the generic emails every other teacher was getting. I'm worried about being off for the next 4 weeks and what I will be expected to send in for my class. I have planned for the half term but I havent resourced any lessons yet. ( I work in a special needs school so a lot of resources are needed) I was also halfway through doing my reports when I was signed off. Although its just a problem with my knees and could physically sit and do school work I haven't been doing it as my injury has made me quite depressed due to not being able to leave the house of move around much. Should i be expected to carry on planning and resourcing the next 4 weeks?
    Also my parents live in Northern Ireland and my mom has suggested I come home for a few days TLC? Would this be frowned upon by the school?
    Sorry for the long post and thanks for any replies.
    xx