1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Being sent the wrong interview information

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon1127, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Last week I received a letter with my interview time in etc.

I was all mentally prepared for my interview for after lunchtime today, had planned with it being after lunch in mind when at 8.45 this morning I received a phone call asking where I was. It would have appeared that I was sent the wrong information in my letter. I was then asked if I could come earlier in the morning, to which I obliged. However naturally I was rather upset at being called up and being made out to have been late for an interview and it completely threw me and set off my IBS so I felt awful.

You win some you lose some I suppose! But I would rather lose on my own terms than being thrown off because of someone else's error

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Do you think someone cancelled and they had to rethink interview times?
    You never know you may be awarded the post.

3. Who knows, but it is pretty bad form I feel to ring some up at that time if that was the case and say you are supposed to be here now!!

The wait continues, I shall know by this evening. I would love to be successful, but what may be may be!

4. good luck! x

5. I did not get it.

I am not surprised.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh Boo Hoo![​IMG]
    You were wrong-footed, so might not have performed at your best, so better luck next time!

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Did you take the letter to show them that you were not at fault?

I would have said something like " Oh I am so terribly sorry. But my letter here definitely says 12.30 (or whatever it was), look" and then shown them.

8. Certainly did.

Anyway, their loss isn't it!

9. Sounds a very frustrating experience. All too often employers undertake recruitment exercises without placing enough emphasis on candidate care. But well done on your upbeat and philosophical approach to the outcome.