1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Being on the Finance committee of the governing board

Discussion in 'Governors' started by geek84, Jan 29, 2011.

1. geek84

geek84 New commenter

Hi Folks
    I am on the board of governors for my local secondary school, and considering going on their finance committee - since I enjoy dealing with figures.
    Are there any standard qualifications required for being on that commitee - i.e. does the individual need to be a chartered accountant or working towards accountancy qualifications?
    Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. geek84

geek84 New commenter

Hi Folks
    I am on the board of governors for my local secondary school, and considering going on their finance committee - since I enjoy dealing with figures.
    Are there any standard qualifications required for being on that commitee - i.e. does the individual need to be a chartered accountant or working towards accountancy qualifications?
    Thanks in advance for any responses.

3. I am a TA who is a staff governor. I am on the finance committee. I do not have any qualifications. I find the meetings exceptional interesting. Whenever I have questions they are answered immediately. Good luck. I would say go for it.