1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Being observed for DH - etiquette question

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Teacher1974, May 18, 2011.

1. If it's my head (we have regular headteacher observations), I usually say, 'Mr XXX will be coming to see how well you can work as I've told him I've been really pleased with you recently. Remember to show him how well you can behave as well'. Works a treat with my lot -they love thinking they've been working hard and try to show him just how good they can be.

2. Sorry, forgot to say that I tell them that before the lesson to give them a warning, then during the lesson I just ask the children to say good morning to the visitor and say 'Remember! Mr XXX is here to see how well you can work and he might want to have a look in your books and ask you a few questions.'

3. Sounds perfect to me - that's what I tell the children before any observation. If my observers were external then I would also speak to the children before hand and remind them that the people in question are visitors to our school and it is important to make a good impression. That is just me though.
    Good luck with your application