1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Being near to family after you've had kids

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Tangit, Jan 23, 2012.

1. We thought as long as we can get one job sorted we can worry about the other one once we get the ball rolling. We're both teachers but I'm happy to work as any thing and maybe pick up supply. Once one of us has a job, we'll put the house up for sale. One of the pros of indp schools too is that they're advertising jobs now so we can be aheaf of the game vs state where we'd need to wait til about easter or may which is very late to do a 'big' move and get the house sold.
    That's plan anyway.......

2. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I thought that about jobs too, and I figure we could live with my parents temporarily (although that might drive me insane, much as I love them!) if one of us got a job but the other didn't at first.
    I'm an MFL teacher, and every time I see a job advertised it's for the wrong language up to GCSE or A Level standard, or it's a maternity cover. My husband isn't a teacher, and the job he does is based in the South so he couldn't transfer, but he could do a similar job in the North, or even do something totally different. There's no point in applying now though anyway since our flat is nowhere near sold.
    Ideally we want to move before our son starts school in Sept 2013.