1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

being bullied

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by wellard, Jun 7, 2011.

1. hi could anyone give me some advice as to what I should do. I am being bullied by a small group of colleagues and it is really starting to get me down. I am not sure how long I can go on trying to put on a brave face.

2. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Right, try not to worry too much - record everything once you are out of school/your workplace; is there a line-manager or friendly colleague you could confide in? I understand it may be difficult to post more detail on here but is it just other people talking about you and it may blow over? (Sorry, don't mean to trivialise your situation, I know it all feels hurtful right now, but sometimes once you talk things out it doesn't seem that bad)
    Joni

3. There has to be some evidence. What does the bullying consist of? As jonowen says, you must document everything and then take it to a manager. If you just sit on it they will use the defence that they didn't realise you were so sensitive and look, you did nothing about it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Perhaps you could ask a2d2 for some advice, He/she is always around with bullying threads and seems to have encyclopaedic knowledge and examples of same. Keep detailed dates, times and descriptions of all incidents and I hope you get things sorted.