1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Being bullied out...?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by notreallyme75, May 22, 2019.

1. notreallyme75

notreallyme75 New commenter

Need help with this. Scared to put too much detail on. Off work sick atm. Work related stress. Lots of unpleasant things happening, feel am being pushed out as am expensive. Role changing again for September (has changed every year for past 5 years)... no discussion just told what’s happening. Any advice? I’ve no union. My husband and I split earlier this year and in stopping joint acct direct debits it got cancelled... arrrgh.

FormosaRed likes this.
  2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

If you've a good track record of paying your union subs over the years I'd try to explain to them it was all an error. They might just take pity on you. Try before you do anything else.

3. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Didn't want to read and run. Sorry to hear things are so tough.
    Take care of yourself.

4. notreallyme75

Bless you thank you.
    Tried that and they said no... been to citizens advice and they were great.

5. notreallyme75

I tried... but didn’t work. Thanks tho.

6. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Obviously you can't tell us the full details, but if it comes to a disciplinary meeting (I am not saying that it should) then you are entitled to take a colleague instead of a union rep. I guess it would be possible for a school union rep to come in that capacity if they were willing. I hope it doesn't come to that, and that CAB can help you get through this.

7. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Maybe try for a new school. There are lots of vacancies for experienced staff.

Don't work for unpleasant people.

8. notreallyme75

Quite agree.
    Think you’re right. Been looking in hope.

9. notreallyme75

Thank you... I don’t think we are in that territory, just informal stuff at the moment but I have a case for a grievance I think just not sure how to proceed or whether to leave it and run!

10. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Lead commenter

Household insurance may be able to give some employment law support, worth checking your policy.

11. FormosaRed

FormosaRed Occasional commenter

Run. I am running and it feels good. Some schools are unhealthy places these days. But as I have found, some are normal...best of luck.

12. notreallyme75

That’s worth a look! Thank you

13. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

:)

laydeedah and notreallyme75 like this.
  14. mothergoose2013

mothergoose2013 Occasional commenter

You could try ACAS.
    So sorry to hear this is happening to you. It will pass.

notreallyme75 and stonerose like this.