1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Behaviour Tips for a Year 5 placement

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by PookyTES, Jan 24, 2012.

1. PookyTES

PookyTES Occasional commenter

Posted By Alison Claire Hill on Facebook:

I'm a trainee teacher about to begin my Yr2 School-based Training 6 wk block. I was hoping for some advice on behaviour management & teaching in
    Upper KS2? I have done well in & really enjoyed placements in the EYFS &Yrs 2&3. However, I'm quiet & don't have much confidence, which
    I'm concerned will bring me down. I'm worried I won't be able to control the Yr5 class I've been placed in. My class teacher's also the Deputy Head so
    I might be left on my own with the class a lot! I know that I'm probably just being silly & could do well if I apply myself & don't go. In with
    the negative idea that I'll fail or receive a bad report. I'm determined to try my very best & make the most of this new experience & challenge
    :) I would be very grateful for any advice, thank you x

2. PookyTES

PookyTES Occasional commenter

Posted By Alison Claire Hill on Facebook:

I'm a trainee teacher about to begin my Yr2 School-based Training 6 wk block. I was hoping for some advice on behaviour management & teaching in
    Upper KS2? I have done well in & really enjoyed placements in the EYFS &Yrs 2&3. However, I'm quiet & don't have much confidence, which
    I'm concerned will bring me down. I'm worried I won't be able to control the Yr5 class I've been placed in. My class teacher's also the Deputy Head so
    I might be left on my own with the class a lot! I know that I'm probably just being silly & could do well if I apply myself & don't go. In with
    the negative idea that I'll fail or receive a bad report. I'm determined to try my very best & make the most of this new experience & challenge
    :) I would be very grateful for any advice, thank you x