1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Behaviour Management - Year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lizdoig, May 1, 2011.

1. Ok. So I've been following 'The Classroom Experiment' method of Behaviour Management which has been working really well. The Mystery Student, however, is not doing so well...
    I have a class of 2/3rds boys and 1/3rd girls (who in general always behave) so I was thinking of doing Mystery Gender. What do you think? Should I give the reward to the whole class if one gender behaves well, or just to that particular gender?
    Hmmmmm,
    Liz

2. Ok. So I've been following 'The Classroom Experiment' method of Behaviour Management which has been working really well. The Mystery Student, however, is not doing so well...
    I have a class of 2/3rds boys and 1/3rd girls (who in general always behave) so I was thinking of doing Mystery Gender. What do you think? Should I give the reward to the whole class if one gender behaves well, or just to that particular gender?
    Hmmmmm,
    Liz

3. inq

inq

A mystery gender would never be won by the boys in my class and if you've got a 2:1 ratio is it fair? Also with only 2 genders it either becomes alternate days or heavily biased one way. Could you do mystery tables instead if you want slightly larger groups?

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Eh? So one group behaves well and everyone gets a reward, regardless of how they behaved?

5. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

How long have you been doing it? I'd keep going with just mystery student.

6. Mystery Student been running for about 4 weeks now. Thanks for the suggestions and comments - well noted! Will keep going...
    Liz