1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Behaviour management training

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by debwoodside, Aug 8, 2011.

1. debwoodside

debwoodside New commenter

Im about to put together a power point and handouts for training in September on behaviour management strategies as we have a few new staff.
    However before I do - does anyone have or know where I can download a powerpoint already made with the basics on - I dont mind adapting to my school, have a lot in my head - but would rather not reinvent the wheel!

2. debwoodside

debwoodside New commenter

Im about to put together a power point and handouts for training in September on behaviour management strategies as we have a few new staff.
    However before I do - does anyone have or know where I can download a powerpoint already made with the basics on - I dont mind adapting to my school, have a lot in my head - but would rather not reinvent the wheel!

3. RaymondSoltysek

RaymondSoltysek New commenter

I don't think a one-size fits all would work here. To what extent does your school use positive assertive discipline, mediative or restorative strategies?

4. bigkid

bigkid New commenter

I agree. One size fits all will not work.
    As a new teacher what I would want to know is:
    <ol>[*]What are the systems in place?[*]What are the school policies on behaviour, bullying, sanctions, contacting parents etc?[*]What does the school expect of teachers wrt behaviour[*]How are the expectations of behaviour different outside lesson time? [*]What should I do if...?[*]Who can/should I ask for support?[*]What level of support should I expect? [*]What sort of incident should be referred? To whom? [*]Where can information on EBD students be found?</ol>I'm sure others can probably add to the list.
    To be honest it would probably be more useful to talk to the new teachers about their classes individually, point out where the difficulties might occur and recommend some strategies rather than making everyone watch a presentation.