1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

behaviour management strategies

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Rosieett, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Rosieett

Rosieett New commenter

My class is on the whole, well behaved - when in the classroom. They respond to praise and the various sanctions. The problem I'm having now, is that within the last few weeks, certain individuals from the class have been 'playing up' other teachers/members of staff outside the classroom and around the school, for example in the dining hall they're answering back and being rude. Why can't they be 'good' for everyone else and not just for me? Does anyone have any strategies because my class is getting a reputation due to the few miscreants. I somehow feel it's my fault and my responsibility. Is it? I wasn't aware of any problems until recently. At the moment, I'm being moaned at about certain individuals on a regular basis. please help. Thank you.

2. Rosieett

Rosieett New commenter

My class is on the whole, well behaved - when in the classroom. They respond to praise and the various sanctions. The problem I'm having now, is that within the last few weeks, certain individuals from the class have been 'playing up' other teachers/members of staff outside the classroom and around the school, for example in the dining hall they're answering back and being rude. Why can't they be 'good' for everyone else and not just for me? Does anyone have any strategies because my class is getting a reputation due to the few miscreants. I somehow feel it's my fault and my responsibility. Is it? I wasn't aware of any problems until recently. At the moment, I'm being moaned at about certain individuals on a regular basis. please help. Thank you.

3. I have had a fantastic but fairly challenging class this year. Earlier in the year I had similar issues so brought in a system where if the children received a positive comment for their behaviour or for something they did from any other adult in school they were rewarded with merits and stickers and a big fuss was made of them. The other adults in school were happy to come on board with this and at first we would make a huge fuss of the slightest thing., The head teacher came down a couple of times to praise them to make it even more special and it soon caught on, the children behave much better around school now but we still get someone to come and praise an individual to the skies every now and then to re engage them.