1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Behaviour Management Resources ?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by retroleftie, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I have been promoted to Deputy Headship in a Special School and quite a large part of my role has turned out to be supporting staff with behaviour management. Although the ideas I gained as a teacher in my previous school are useful I've realised there is now no-one else to turn to for ideas - it's down to me!
    There are more pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties and Autism than I have previous experience of (previously SLD/PMLD and Autism) so I was wondering if anyone knows of any good courses /books/resources that would help me with behaviour management for MLD/ASC/ESBD pupils.
    Thankyou !

2. angelface22

angelface22 New commenter

Review behaviour policy, review and audit behaviour incidences and look for patterns. Do staff keep an ABC of triggers? Are you a Team Teach school? Have the classes got visual timetables? Are IBPs in place and monitored? Are the classrooms low arousal? Carry out a questionnaire to staff on how best you could support behaviour management/ask for ideas that could be implemented? Hope this is helpful!