1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Behaviour management courses?

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by PhilTMaths, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I'm an NQT working in a large-ish secondary school. While I am generally quite happy with how the year is going, I do find there are certain classes and lessons (my 3rd set 10s period 6 especially!) where I don't feel in complete control of the class.
    Because of this I want to look into a behaviour management course and was wondering if anyone had been on any that they found really useful, with lots of practical specifics that could be used? Any names of companies and or speakers?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

2. Hi all,

I'm an NQT working in a large-ish secondary school. While I am generally quite happy with how the year is going, I do find there are certain classes and lessons (my 3rd set 10s period 6 especially!) where I don't feel in complete control of the class.
    Because of this I want to look into a behaviour management course and was wondering if anyone had been on any that they found really useful, with lots of practical specifics that could be used? Any names of companies and or speakers?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

3. I thoroughly enjoyed Bangbala on a workshop a few years ago and found him very entertaining. Got to say that i did not learn much from the workshop other than what i had already picked up from working in a challenging school. When i first began teaching i went on a couple of behaviour courses but i found the greatest benefit that i gained was by observing an AST in my own school. See if you can organise something similar. You cant beat watching someone deal effectively with behaviour in a bottom set class rather than someone churn out the same thing on a course who has possibly never set foot in a challenging school.
    That and also read through the behaviour threads on this forum, and take notes for the different ways in which different scenarios where dealt with effectively.