1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Behaviour management advice needed ASAP please!!!

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by blueberries, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Am looking for some quick advice please, so I have a good day with the children tomorrow!!

I am on my own ( reception) with no TA support. The children are being quite noisy at the moment e.g. Very hard to get them quiet for the register, some refuse to sit on the carpet for whole class time etc.
    Any suggestions for children who will not sit on the carpet quietly / not sit on the carpet atall - I have one little girl (A) who will not ever sit on the carpet sometimes ( she sits on a chair) and nothing I say or do will get her off it if she decides she needs to be on it. Have tried both rewards and punishments and she just does as she pleases!
    It seems to be turning into a whole class problem where children just won't listen. What can I do?
    Thanks so much for any advice :)

2. Am looking for some quick advice please, so I have a good day with the children tomorrow!!

I am on my own ( reception) with no TA support. The children are being quite noisy at the moment e.g. Very hard to get them quiet for the register, some refuse to sit on the carpet for whole class time etc.
    Any suggestions for children who will not sit on the carpet quietly / not sit on the carpet atall - I have one little girl (A) who will not ever sit on the carpet sometimes ( she sits on a chair) and nothing I say or do will get her off it if she decides she needs to be on it. Have tried both rewards and punishments and she just does as she pleases!
    It seems to be turning into a whole class problem where children just won't listen. What can I do?
    Thanks so much for any advice :)

3. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Which punishments and rewards have you tried?

4. Tom_Bennett

Tom_Bennett Occasional commenter

Have someone observe you- someone with good understanding of controlling and guiding reception classes, and have them assess your voice, tone, language, posture, and a whole range of communications that we give out constantly. Then get them to team teach a session with you, and have a discussion afterwards about what kind of startegies work best for you.
    http://behaviourguru.blogspot.com/