1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Behaviour in the classroom

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by crusader62, Aug 23, 2020.

1. crusader62

crusader62 New commenter

I am doing a level 5 course at the moment and we are looking at managing behaviours.
    I would like to ask Is there statistical evidence of specific factors contributing to bad behaviours?
    If there has been any definitive studies carried out please would you be able to provide me with a link to them to help me with my research.
    I am aware of the normal factors that we recognise can be contributing factors such as; Lack of attention, Bullying, Communication problems, Distractions, Low self esteem, Mental health, Poor environment. But where is the evidence to back this up?
    If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Dave

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

Are you aware of Google Scholar? You can search for academic sources on there, on any subject. Might be useful for your studies.

https://scholar.google.co.uk/schola...+research&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

3. Lakes1975

Lakes1975 New commenter

A school culture that excuses it. Read Battle Hymn of the Tiger Teachers.